Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Wahiawa Hills

Well, I made it farther than I did last time.  Actually I made it all the way around but just not all the way on the right trail.  Some of way we had to make our own trail.  
 This trail is all about the woods
 Looks like we will be able to cross the river.  At least it isn't raging.  
 Now at some point on the dirt road we lost the ribboned trail
 We find some what of a trail and follow it
 Hawaiian snow
 That's where we need to go
 We made it down to the river, now to find a ribbon and trail on the other side and we are home free-not so fast...
 I tell Krista we need a stick to tell how deep it is, this is her stick.  I laugh so hard I pee myself.
 I feel like we are in Vietnam with our guns over our head.  I was ahead of her and suddenly the stream gets super deep and am swimming.  I swim up river...
 and then down stream about a half mile and find nothing
 So we decide to forge our own trail up the other side.  We made it out. I should have gotten picts, the trees were pretty dense then we go though Fern, come out on top of the ridge, we follow it out behind the houses, hop the fence.  We should have followed the fence to the start because we had to go all out through the neighborhood to get back to the car.   

No comments: