Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trip to Bed Bath and Beyond

I received a $5 off of a $15 purchase coupon in the mail-that's 33.3%! plus included was an add for quick dry towels, 1/2 off for $7.99 each! Perfect I thought, there's my $15, towels we are falling apart, and quick dry in humid Hawaii-sounds great. I'm not much of a shopper, especially when it means I have to go to a store but the kids were at camp so I could get there right when the store opened. Oh my gosh, this store is full of stuff I never knew I needed. There is so much to look at and it definitely wins the prize for most number of patented products under 1 roof. I called Erik and asked if I could get a $40 Kitchen Aid hand mixer. He said, "the one we have is working just fine." I said, "it's marked down from $90." He said, "well, maybe the engine is about to go on ours and how old is it?" Did you know you can go broke saving money? I had to tell him about all the amazing things in this store. He laughed and said, "isn't shopping great!
So I am walking around the store with an arm load of stuff and every employee in there wants to give me a cart. I said, "no no, I don't want to get any more than I can carry." Mind you-I am 6' foot so I have long arms, plus I had already fallen for the $5 off coupon, I wasn't about to fall for any more of their tricks.
We don't have cable or direct tv so up until Erik called Netflix our program viewing was pretty limited. In fact the kids' favorite thing to watch was "as seen on tv" infomercial-hence my agreeing to Netflix. My kids knew all of them and would constantly tell me about what products I needed for my face, scalp, feet, and posture. Besides wanting to fix all my flaws the kids really want to get me anything that made food and cleaned the house-Owen promised it would really help. Of course Evan was taken by the great deal on a Japanese knife that could cut through steel and if I called right now he would get a second one for free...just what Evan needs...one in each hand...
I gotta tell you though-there are some really cool "as seen on tv" products and their ads play all over the store.

There is a lot of fun stuff, I can see the benefits of the kids having to churn their own ice cream, and Erik is always complaining about heating up the whole oven just to cook something small, and who couldn't possibly resist making one's own cotton candy?!
Now I know why Evan thinks the Ninja is the greatest thing on earth. I watched the whole ad...all half hour of it...who knew shopping was entertaining!?
There are bargains and variety galore-I lost count the number of ways one can make cup cakes. A there's the giant donut pan that had Evan's name written all over it. I was so happy the kids were at camp or else we each would have been walking around with an arm load...but then again had they not been at camp I would have never made it to Bed Bath and Beyond before the coupon expired to begin with!

No comments: