Friday, February 18, 2011

Last Weekend in Maryland

Looking at some of my grandfather's treasure-real ancient Egyptian scarabs, still with the dirt on,
checking out granddad's treasures,
then Friday we headed out to the country to visit my friend Kathy. The kids loved loved loved it!! They want to live in the country now.
Kathy has horses!
It's really snowing!


Kathy has dogs!




Kathy has a view!

and now Kathy has mud in her house! I'm sorry Kathy...we did have an incredible time and the kids didn't want to leave.
Then we headed back to to play in the snow some more! You'd think kids born and raised in Hawaii would really not like the cold and snow but they LOVE it!
Snowman with a Hawaiian touch-a lei!
Hmmm...could some reacting be in Evan's future??
How cool is this-real Confederacy currency
On top of every hill in these parts sits a plantation house, this is the one near where I grew up,
this was the view out my window-actually all I could see was snowy branches-it was gorgeous. Life with Evan, "you know the one bad thing about Grandma's cooking....she doesn't make enough of it." Well, we really miss the snow, winter, Grandma's cooking, hanging out with Granddad, all the great things to see and do...but we know we'll be back hopefully next spring!
Awl, Evan can be so sweet...heading back to Hawaii.

1 comment:

Mallard Nest said...

I Love your friends farm, the Aloha Snow man and the snow!!!!! I can't believe the kids didn't get to sled! :-(