Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sat, Nov 13

We woke up in Wadi Rum. It is so beautiful here. It was cold last night in the desert though. I didn't make it out to a good spot to see the sun rise because I didn't want to walk through all the sand. I feel like I am covered in it. as the sun came up it was so beautiful watching the colors of the rocks change.

Our camp-how fun does that look!

I noticed tons of different animal tracks.
The little prints on the right were just the cutest.



This is so cool.

This is beyond cool-real Bedouins, they seem like such a mysterious and remote culture. I wish I could camp here and just figure it all out. We don't see one single female Bedouin the entire day. The men are very nice, they like to talk, they've learned English, they aren't the least bit fazed by our lack of covering...


They say Nabataeans left their graffiti here.
That is a big sand dune.
Lawrence of Arabia based his operation here during the Arab Revolt of 1917-1918.

We made so many turns around these rock formations.



The roads are well traveled.






Rum Village, the outlet to paved roads.


Transformers II was filmed somewhere here.
I love the light and dark sand here, with the way dust is in the air I am surprised the line is so distinct.

Going back into Khaz'ali canyon to see petroglyphs.









There are people going about regular life here too.









Camel print.






This mountain is named the Seven Pilars.




Walking between no-mans land.

1 comment:

Mallard Nest said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is my favorite day! I would love to live like that for a month or more! What an experience!