Sunday, April 5, 2009

Incredible!

This hike was so beautiful I can't even begin to describe it. I am running out of words. This was a 6 mile loop that started in the Kuaokala Forest Reserve up by the big ball and then went along the Makua Valley Ridge. We want to do this again but continue along the ridge. It is spectacular. I keep wondering what I did to deserve to live here. Make sure to check Michelle's blog for more pictures.
Starting out on the Leeward side of the Wai'anae's.


We got a new little camera that will stitch photos together so here are two panoramas Erik took.




Here is the Makua Valley again, this trail met up at the turn around of our last hike.
Dr. Seuss plants! These red fuzzy things have bright yellow tips.

I just love these razor sharp ridges.



View of the North Shore.
I love these trees, they are very calming to walk through.
Crazy things grow in Hawaii but we never need to worry about ticks or snakes nor poison ivy.
Hope made her and Erica bracelets out of the plants. What a unique idea.

2 comments:

Mallard Nest said...

AWESOME!!!! It felt so good to be hiking again! I can't wait for Kaui!

Traci said...

Love, love, love your new camera!! We just got back from hiking in the Smokeys and our hikes cannot even compare. The views there are just amazing!