Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Seeing the Sights

I took all of these pictures within 15 minutes of each other. It's crazy how one direction is bright and sunny and the other is cloudy.

CV-74 is in port-that's the USS Stennis with the full air wing on board. When RIMPAC is going we get so many ships and a couple of carriers here. Loads of fun.
The carrier from Ford Island.
Arizona Memorial,
Mighty Mo,
The Mighty Mo and Arizona Memorial,
and of course no trip to Ford Island is complete without visiting the big ball.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Yay! Pictures of somewhere I have been! I loved the Arizona Memorial and The Mighty Mo. Awl, the Stennis was at North Island when I was stationed in San Diego. I totally miss seeing all the ships. Too cool you got some pictures.

Mallard Nest said...

So cool! I wanted to see an aircraft carrier there, but they always wait till I left the island! JK! Great pictures! Did you stop on the bridge for the picture of the memorial? It is a great one!

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

The big ball still intrigues me... Thanks for sharing the pictures and renewing my curiosity!!!