Monday, January 25, 2010

Best Weekend Ever!

Oh my gosh, what an amazing weekend. I got to go to Houston Jan. 22-24. I know, I spent more time on the air plane than I did there but it was so worth it because I got to hang out with the most beautiful, hysterically funny, and brilliantly smart soul sister a person could ever hope to have. I can't count how many times I said, "Traci, you are SO smart!" "THAT is SO funny!" "You get in the picture, you're prettier!"
So why Houston? It is the home of Beth Moore The LPM Blog. We got to see Beth Moore teach in a free, very small, intimate, informal conference that we had to earn by memorizing scriptures all last year.
We were fortunate enough to get a picture with Amanda and Melissa (Beth Moore's daughters) at the same time. Melissa doesn't stay in one place for very long. (It was so great not to tower over everybody like I do here in HI.)
Beth Moore actually came down off the stage to come give me a hug. I think bringing a bag full of goodies from Hawaii had something to do with that.
Beth Moore moves faster than her daughter. I took a ton of pictures, on sport setting even, and this was about the only one that wasn't the back of her head. The teaching on Psalm 119 was amazing.
Travis Cottrell, Beth Moore's worship leader for the big conferences, came in from TN to lead worship! What an unexpected treat that was.
Here we are getting ready to say our scriptures to each other. It was so cool having Traci there because she has been to a big conference (20,000 ladies) as well as a taping of the Breaking Free bible study. It was great to hear how this smaller event compared. We were spoiled because Beth Moore and Travis do not normally interact in such an informal way like they did this weekend!
Saturday, after the conference we headed out for Greek food and then went to the Houston Arboretum to walk off lunch. Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
Traci got to take home a free sapling. Poor thing is probably buried under a ton of snow.
We wondered around the walking trails looking for something green.
Found it! Little tiny green...ferns?
A few green leaves.
Not so green but looking more alive than other things. After walking the trails we headed to the Lifeway bookstore and then the Houston Galleria...the whole time thinking, dreaming, and talking about how we were earning us some more Greek food with all that walking!
We went back! Yia Yia Mary's
I had to take a picture of my order-9 amazing deserts. I am still dreaming about going back to eat there. It was a perfect end to a perfect day. We had to get up at 6am to head to the air port. Michelle, Amy, and Courtney...I am totally expecting for you guys to come next time!!

1 comment:

Mallard Nest said...

It made me so happy to see you guys together! What a great weekend! I will look into going next year!