Friday, December 18, 2009

An Amazing Field Trip

We went to the zoo today and had a tour. The tour guide was amazing. He knew the names of the animals and they recognized him and would "play" with him.
This bird let us get so close.
Here is our guide, Jason, teaching the kids about giraffes.
Then the kids got to feed the giraffes! We were in the back part of the zoo where only workers get to go.
It was incredible how the giraffes strip the leaves right off the branch. They are very strong too.
This rhino came over to the fence and stared me down the whole time we were standing there. Erica wants you know that he was a very nice rhino.
The giraffe came to get his picture taken.
The zoo smelled amazing today. Everywhere we went smelled heavenly of gardenia or plumaria.
Loads of interesting flowers,
and gorgeous ones,



One last picture under the gum tree.

5 comments:

Traci said...

What a great field trip!! It looks so nice and warm there too. Very beautiful!

Mallard Nest said...

AWESOME!!!!! I wish I was there! :-( Even the gum tree makes me miss HI. That is such a great experience for the kids! I am glad Erica wanted you to add about the rhino, because he looks pretty intimidating!!!

Mallard Nest said...

LOL! I thought I was going to be your first comment, but Traci beat me by a minute!!!

Traci said...

Ha, ha, Michelle and I must be on catching up at the same time :-)

Amy Kaylor Photography said...

Good times!! Finally catching up on some blogs. I love all of your floral pictures! And I love that your hubby is soooo into his kids...reminds me of my very own. ;o) Merry Christmas to you and yorus!!!