Monday, September 5, 2011

Hanging with the Grandparents

Erica and Grandpa have a horseback ride scheduled at 8am so we had to leave the Divide at 7. This worked out great so I could get in line early at Vali's for their homemade donuts and sticky buns. Good thing I did because the line was out the door when they opened at 9,
Vali's dinner menu,
Erica hanging out with Grandpa before their ride,
making a new friend,


still looks like a cowboy!
Erica has always wanted to ride a horse along a road,
she got to ride up hill,
on the hikes Grandpa talked to her a lot about his riding adventures,
still going up,

Grandpa's stirrup came undone but could fix it,







the shoe tree we pass on Imnaha Rd,
how many butterflies do you count?

a princess in a tower, on the hikes Erica and Olivia were talking about how they could use the tower as a real castle turret, Erica wanted to make mud balls and get toy bows and arrows,
I love this picture,

Grandpa made this trailer 30 some years ago-the whole thing,
of course Erik had to start the engine and show the boys how it worked,
of course everything still runs,
Owen wanted to chop down a tree,
after a lot of hard work and sitting around and some help from Erik he got it to fall,
then Evan wanted to try,
he complained a lot so I gave it a go, Evan did get it to fall but it went across Fred's road and landed right on the stump where I was sitting-good thing Fred was there-he could read the lean of the tree and told me to move,
I guess the caterpillar don't sting after all,
she cracks me up,

gun cleaning time-great lesson!



Marsha is explaining the uses her antique phone tools,
pretty cool if you remember the old phones,
Evan torture time,
working on the dam,

Clint and his sharp hunter eye spotted a frog,
can you?
Erica found a little leech,
Clint digging wild carrots,
the berry patch,
Erica: What made this trail?
she did with a pinecone-how clever,
All: Lisa come with your camera,
something cool for me to take a picture of,


more pictures of my favorite mountains...I fell through a cattle guard for these...

2 comments:

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

You are give so many wonderful compliments! It was so good to see all of you and catch up, I can't wait for the next time!

Clint, Tanya, Dane and Kimber said...

Sorry... I meant to type "you give so many wonderful compliments." :)