Saturday, September 10, 2011

Very Old Family Photos and Guest Blogger

Hilton-Driver Family History

How cool would it be to descend from Charlemagne!?

41. Charlemagne, King France, Emperor of the West
b. Ingelheim 2 Apr 742 d Aix la Chappelle 28 Jan 814 m 771 to Hildegarde of Swabia, Countess of Linzgau
40. Pepin (Karlmann), King of Italy b. Rome 15 April 781 d. Milan 8 July 810 m. Chrothais
39. Bernard, King of Italy b. 797 d. Milan 17 April 818 m. 814 to Cunigunde
38. Pepin de Peronne, Seigneur of Peronne, Senlis, & St. Quentin b. 817
37. Herbert I, Count of Vermandois, Seigneur of Senlis, Peronne, & St. Quetin b. 840 d. 902 (murder) m. Liegardis
36. Herbert II, Count of Vermandois d. 23 Feb 942 m. Adela (Liegarde) of France
35. Robert of Troyes, Count of Meaux b. 910 d. Aug 967 m. Adelaide de Burgundy
34. Geoffrey "Grisgonelle" Count of Anjou, Seneschal of France b. 940 d. 21 July 987 (in battle) m. Adelaide de Vermandois
33. Conan I "le Tort", Duke of Brittany b. 960 d. Killed at Conquereuil 27 June 992 m. Ermengarde de Anjou
32. Richard II "The Good" Duke of Normandy b. 958 d. 28 Aug 1027 m Judith of Brittany
31. Robert I "The Devil" Duke of Normandy, Crusader b. 1000 d Nicea, Turkey 22 Jul 1035 M Herleve (Harlette) of Falaise
30. King William I of England b. 1027 d 9 Sept 1087 m Matilda of Flanders
29. King Henry I of England b. 1068 d. 1 Dec 1135 m. Matilda of Scotland
28. Geoffrey V "Plantagent" Count of Anjou b. 24 Aug 1113 d. 7 Sep 1151 m. Princess Matilda of England Dowager Empress of Germany
27. King Henry II, King of England b. 5 March 1132 d. 6 July 1189 m. Eleanor of Aquitaine, former wife of Luis VII, King of France
26. John of England, King of England b. Beaumont Palace, Oxford 24 Dec 1166 d. 18 Oct 1216 M. Isabel of Angouleme
25. Richard of England, Knight, Earl of Cornwall, Count of Poitou, King of the Romans b. Westminster Castle 5 Jan 1209 d. Apr 1272 m.
24. Sir Walter of Cornwall of Branell, Corwall, Knight of the Shire for Cornwall
23. James Peverell of Hamatethy in St. Breward, Cornwal m. Margaret of Cornwall
22. Sir Hugh Peverell of Hamatethy in St. Breward, Corwall b. 1308 m. Margaret Cobham
21. Thomas Peverell of Hamatethy in St. Breward, Cornwall m Margaret Couretenay
20. Sir Walter Hungerford, 1st Lord Hungerford of Farleigh, Somerset m Katherine Peverell b. 1394
19. Sir Robert Hungerford, 2nd Lord Hungerford m. Margaret Botreaux
18. John White of South Warnborough, Hants m. Eleanor Hungerford
17. Robert White of South Warnborough, Hants m. Margaret Gainsford
16. Nicholas Tichborne b. 1480 m. Anne White
15. Nicholas Tichborne b. 1500 m. Elizabeth Rythe
14. Francis Yate of Lyford in Hanney, Berks m. Jane Tichborne
13. Thomas Yate of Lyford m. Dorothy Stephens
12. John Yate of Lyford m. Mary Tattershall
11. George Yate b. Berkshire, England d. Anne Arundel Co., MD m. Mary Wells
10. William Nathan Prather b. 1670 Calvert Co., MD m. Anne Yates
9. John Joseph Smith Prather b. 12 June 1715 d. 3 Nov 1796 m. Rachel O'Dell
8. Zachariah Linthicum b. 1735 d. 3 Nov 1797 m. Sarah Prather
7. Frederick Linthicum b. 1774 d. 1836 m. Elizabeth Smith McElfresh
6. William Beall b. 1822 d. 26 Dec 1886 m. Ann S. Linthicum
5. James W. Driver b. 20 May 1845 d. 18 Feb 1922 m. Mary S. Beall
4. George Francis Hilton b. 12 Sept 1866 d. 12 Sept 1901 m. Lucy Amelia Driver b. 17 Apr 1871 d. 14 Feb 1947
3. George Earl Hilton b. 24 Dec 1901 d. 20 Apr 1984 m. Stella Virginia Mullinix b. 5 March 1905 d 22 Aug 1999
2. Robert Ellsworth Dubel b. 3 Mar 1921 m. 1940 Mary Amelia Hilton b. 7 July 1922 d. 11 Sept 2000
1. Robert Ellsworth Lyons (my dad) b. 6 Oct 1941 Olney, MD M. Cynthia Anne Davies b. 6 Feb 1946 Washington, DC

Interestedly enough even though our Charlemagne ancestor King John signed the Magna Carta he later reneged so he is not accepted for Magna Carter membership, to become a member of Magna Carta it had to be through another direct ancestor Robert De Roos, who was a knight and a baron and interesting enough he was a very high order of Knights Templar, in the De Vinci Code is effigy is one of those embedded in the floor of the Temple Church in London. Temple Church is where the Temple Knights were sworn into membership in that order. Our ancestor Robert De Roos married the widow of King Robert De Bruce of Scotland inn 1191, she was Isabel of Scotland and she was royal and descended from every king of Scotland back to Macbeth, a most interesting story.
I found another original photo of Mary S. Beall Driver wife of James W. Driver, when I say original it's not a copy but looks like one where she went to a photographer in Washington and had the portrait done, I've attached a copy of the photograph to this note. I can see in her face many of the features that I saw in my mother's face and I still see in Tracey's and in Janie and others in the family, in the past I had always contributed this to the Hiltons but it may be from the Bealls. Mary S. Beall looked to be a very intelligent and determined woman, I'm willing to bet she was the driver behind the Driver, I would have loved to have met her. Hopefully you'll be able to post this additional photograph on your blog with the Hiltons.
Discovering the identity of the other Driver photograph wasn't difficult, I had to go back into the Driver material where I had a letter from a Mrs. Lucille Driver in Florida who had written a series of books on the various Driver families and in among the material she sent was a Xerox copy photo of three Driver brother and George Washington was among them so that's how I was able to identify his photo but his wife (also a Mary M. but last name unknown) is still a mystery. Family history as passed down identified George Washington Driver's wife as also being a Beall but looking at her photograph she obviously isn't, she has none of the Beall features. I've heard that James W. Driver and George Washington Driver were close, George Washington Driver was a few years younger than James. I've always heard that James died as a result of a fall from the house during its construction.
All the Maryland Drivers go back to James Driver (b. abt. 1765-d. abt. 1849 Vermillion, Ohio) who came to Maryland from Pennsylvania, his father was James also, a series of James, the Drivers come from Wales supposedly, and James Driver of Maryland was a soldier in the Maryland Line during the Revolutionary War and his story would be a page unto its self, he was a most interesting person. After the war he became a Methodist minister, a circuit rider preacher and was there for the formation of the Methodist church. I remember I had searched for his grave for years only to learn that in his 80s that he had sold his farm near Sykesville and with all his family except for one son Denton Driver of Woodbine he headed at the National Road to Vermillion, Ohio where he bought another farm and settled there and is buried in a country cemetery there, I would love to visit his grave, it is one of my goals, I hope to make it one day. Our James came back from Ohio to settle in Maryland. Mary Beall's father William Beall was also a part time preacher and its through the church that Mary and James probably met because it was the Drivers who built the Methodist church as Morgan Station.

Picts would probably be the more accurate name and that would be our Beall (noted in the lineage above) or in Scotland the Bells, the family is extremely proud of their Pictish ancestors, we're descended from all the Beall families who immigrated to this country. As for Scottish ancestors there are many, many, too many to mention but I will mention a few, it was either Dr. William Hamilton or his father Dr. John Hamilton from Edinburgh, Scotland who was president of the University of Edinburgh, we're descended from them, I have lots of information about the family somewhere in the boxes. There was William Cummings who was deported by the British after the Battle of Cullodon and many, many more. In Scotland the rules of wearing the plaid or kilt of the clan is restricted to those of the same last name but in the US we can wear the plaid if we're descended of that family so for instance I can wear the Cumming or Bell plaid even though that's not my last name, strangely enough with the name Lyons which is a Sept of Farquirson so I would be entitled to wear that plaid in Scotland but I wouldn't since I'm not descended from the Lyons family. I was reading some of the Lyons genealogy which I have, they were Normans who settled in Ireland, England and Scotland much like many of our other ancestors we're actually descended from.

Mary Beall was married to James Driver and her father was William Beall from Montgomery County and he was married to a Linthicum and this is our only line of Bealls I've been totally unable to track back into any of the lines of Bealls who came from Scotland and I know they go into one of those Maryland lines of Bealls. We have in our ancestory at least three or four other lines of Bealls and I have tracked them all, if you need details on all of these lines I'll have to do some digging. It's through the Beall line and the Linthicums of Sugar Loaf Mountain that we have a most interesting Confederate Ancestor, Captain Charles Frederick Linthicum who was a Methodist Minister, went south and joined the Confederate Army and was killed at the Battle of Cold Harbor by a sniper, he's buried at Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, photo above.


the Samuel Thomas Hilton story showing the last two of his homes in West Baltimore not very far from Union Square, the larger home on South Mount St. with the brick front is where he and Samuel and Liza lived I guess until they became disabled and then moved into the smaller house around the corner at 1705 Lemon Street. Lemon Street is a tiny street hardly more than an alley. The amazing thing is that these houses survived and are still there after all these years, for years these houses were sealed up and nobody was living there.
In this photograph I'm standing by the grave of Thomas Samuel Hilton the brother of Richard and Bill Hilton, he would have been Pa's great uncle. Samuel Thomas Hilton was a brakeman on the B&O Railroad and out the outbreak of the CW found himself in Ohio, so he joined the 51st Ohio Volunteer Infantry, he fought at the Battle of Stones River and was wounded by a musket shot to the groin but recovered enough to serve out his term of four years and was discharged from the Union Army during Sherman's March to the Sea, he returned to Maryland, married Eliza Montgomery in Baltimore and is buried at Loudon Park National Cemetery, I have photos of the two houses he lived in in Baltimore, a most interesting story.
Robert remembered Lucy Driver when she was a member of the suffragette movement, sometimes called suffragist blew me away because in the back of my mind was this photo hidden away of unknown ancestors given to me by my mother that I could never explain and he came up with the explanation that it was a group shot of suffragette ladies and great grandma actually showed him the photo and told him as a child where she was in the photo and he remembered it. This is important because here we had a young lady who had just lost her husband (Frank Hilton) and was still in mourning wearing her mourning finest appearing in a suffragette demonstration with other very activist ladies and leaders, this is revolutionary for the time and our great grandmother was part of the revolution and I believe she is the lady standing in the rear and to the left as Butch said.
I think that is Grandma in the back left still in mourning cloth. You are pushing my memory. She told me the lady in front is somebody famous. I can't remember who. I think the girl in the right rear is the one who tried to slap Taft.
(Pictured above) I came across this Xerox copy from the Warfield Scrapbook of what is believed to be Edmond Warfield and Rose Hilton (Montgomery County Hiltons) who were the parents of Ollie, Effie and Raymond Warfield.

Update on the picture below: I think I have identified the unknown Driver photo, or at least part of the photo anyway. The attached photo is of George Washington Driver, brother of James W. Driver but we still can't identify his wife.
I guess we won't know who the man and women in the second photo were, the man looked like a Driver but there was no label unfortunately but at least we have the James W. Driver and his wife Mary's photo. The first photo as being James W. Driver and Mary Beall Driver.
James W. Driver was the son of Denton Driver and Nancy Ann Lansdale, Denton Driver married Nancy Ann Lansdale about 1837, she was the daughter of John H. and Nancy Ann Warfield Landale. James W. Driver was born May, 1845, Md. and died Feb. 18, 1922 he married Mary S. Beall, born Nov. 19, 1845 and died April 16, 1914. Their children were: 1. Anna L. born abt. 1870, Md.; 2. Lucy Amelia, born April 17, 1871, Md. and died Feb. 14, 1947, she married George Francis Hilton about 1895; 3. Charles S/W, born May, 1872 in Md.; 4. Denton W. born Oct. 1871 in Ohio; 5. Ida V. born Oct. 1882 in Ohio.

James W. Driver and family were living in Bertis Twp., Erie Co., Ohio in the 1880 Census. In 1900 he was listed as a farmer living in the 4th Election Dist., Howard Co., Md. His father Denton Driver who was born April 7, 1813 in Md. and who died June 19, 1894 at Woodbine, Md. James W. Driver returned from Ohio about the time of the death of his father Denton Driver and never returned to Ohio, instead purchased the farm on the Patuxent River in Howard, County at Annapolis Rock which later became the farm of Earl Hilton and his brother James Hilton.
(From Uncle Robert Hilton:) You got me on the pictures. The photo album with the black and white was in my Grandma's steamer trunk when I was a kid. I can remember it well because I sneaked it out and was looking at it, damaged it and caught hell I was probably about six. I don't remember the sepia print.
Strangely enough mostly all that we did was about the Hiltons on the Montgomery County side of the Patuxent River and this was mainly due to the photos being of the Hiltons and related families on that side of the river. I've attached photos of Pa and Ma Hilton's farm so you can see how pretty their place was on the Howard County side of the river. It's my understanding the big Victorian house we lived in was built by James Driver(I sent a photo of him and his wife), the house was built over the cabin that was there that the Duvall heirs and probably other families may have lived in prior to James Driver buying the farm upon his return to Maryland from Ohio and subsequently it was divided between the brother Earl and Jimmy, Earl getting the farm on the Howard County side and Jimmy the farm on the Montgomery County side of the river. It was also my understanding that James Driver died as a result of a fall from the house during its construction, that's what I was told anyway and I believe it. In the basement of the old Victorian we lived in you could see the heavy and solid oak beams of the old house the the Victorian was built over, it was a most interesting place, I could go on about the house for pages but I won't, it was a great house as you can see, so many stories.
A photo of Pa as a little boy. George Earl Hilton b. 24 Dec 1901 d. 20 Apr 1984
These are photos of Ma and Pa Hilton's farm, the last and small landscape photo is a shot taken from Pa's farm across the river showing the Bill Hilton farm or Raymond Warfield farm at the top of the hill and if you look closely at the bottom of the hill is the Cost Warfield farm and these two farms figured so prominently in the earlier blog photos, the Snyder place would have been over the other side of the hill from the Bill Hilton farm and out of the shot, the road ran up the hill from the Patuxent River from the Cost Warfield place to Raymond's place at the top of the hill and down over the hill to the Snyder place which you have photos of taken from the Park website





Here are three photos of Jimmy Hilton (Pa's brother) with my mother (Mary) in the middle of all three photos, I've never seen such a complete photos of Uncle Jimmy and the entire group of his clan together before, I don't know if Bill Hilton has seen any of these photos before but he would be one of the little kids in the one photo.I remember the day these photos were taken, it was a Sunday and mom drove over to the farm across the way to see Uncle Jimmy and everybody, I didn't go with her. I think the photo with my mother and all of Uncle Jimmy's kids and grand kids is remarkable. All of them together like a reunion, hard to believe all the adults are deceased. I can still picture his (Bill Hilton) mother Nellie and all her little kids searching in the fields for wild flowers, a sweet memory I'll never forget.

Update from Bill Hilton: I always wondered what happened to those sheep. I remember visiting the Snyders and seeing all those sheep. When Pa Snyder died in 1958 we moved into that house. I think the sheep were still there for a short time but I never knew what happened to them. Glad now that I didn’t know. When my mother died in 1965 we left the house and moved in with James and Annie Mary who more or less raised us. The Snyder house has been vacant ever since 1965. I got drafted in 1968 and never lived in either house again. When my father Charles Hilton went into the nursing home in 2009 my brother John and I renovated his house and John’s daughter Jenell and her family moved in. Upon the death of Charles Hilton his house became the property of John and the remaining part of the Snyder farm became mine.

Here are the names for the picture with all the adults and kids.
Kids left to right Otis Norwood Jr, June Norwood, Judy Hilton, Bill Hilton, Anna Norwood, Mickey King
Adults l to r Henry Hilton holding James Hilton II, James Hilton, Nellie & Charles Barney Hilton, Almeda Snyder King & Henry Ford King, Almeda Hilton Norwood, Mary Hilton, Nancy Hilton, Otis Norwood Sr, Oliver Hilton, Annie Mary Snyder Hilton, Esther Harrison Hilton holding Paul Hilton

Here are the names for the picture with just adults
Esther Harrison Hilton, Henry Ford King, Oliver Hilton, James Hilton, Nellie and Charles Hilton, Annie Mary Snyder Hilton, Almeda Hilton Norwood, Mary Hilton, Nancy Hilton, Almeda Snyder King

I think these pictures were taken in the fall of 1952.
Lucy Driver in the upper left, Lizzie in the upper right, Charlie in the lower left and Denton in the lower right. All Driver brothers and sisters, my Dad's Great Grandmother.
Annapolis Rock School House 1911
Top: Elaine & Thurman Warfield, James Hilton, Miss Bosley (teacher)
Middle: Amoss Millinix, Blanche Harrison, Windsor Burdette, Anna Mary Snyder, Louse Harrison, Emily Pickett, Louise Warfield, Leland & Leroy Pickett
Bottom: Ralph Driver, Fletcher Mullinix, Newman Mullinix, Earl Hilton
It was James Driver who gave the land for the one room school house. Over a whole lot of years all the kids went there including my mother and Butch was in the last class to go there, that's how long that old building was used and the structure is still there as a house now.
These first 3 pictures were taken 12/1973. There are more photos of this Hilton farm on Annapolis Rock Rd. but they wouldn't transfer.


I know this place well, this is what is called a "telescoping house" the original cabin was built and the two other additions added as the family grew and yes it did originally belong to the Etchisons and we're also descended from the Etchisons whose original name was Atchison and they were from Scotland and who settled in Maryland from Pennsylvania, why they substituted the E I can't tell you.

In my youth I used to visit the Snyders, I would walk over there and they would give me a cold drink and we would sit and talk in the backyard, I can't ever remember going into the house which was tiny but I probably did at some point, I used to sit and talk to Ile (rhymes with Isle) Snyder and Aunt Tish (Oliver and Laura I believe) as they were called but they were quite old when I used to visit them and in the days the farm was kept up and beautiful.

They weren't the last owners, Barney Hilton took over ownership and raised his whole family there, they must have lived there at least 25 years or more. When Uncle Jimmy died Barney and family moved down the road to the family home which was only about a quarter of a mile away down Rt. 94, Barney is now in a retirement home and his son Bill Hilton lives there. There's something else about this place, there's a cemetery in a little grove by the spring with the graves of three little children, so sad, I'm not quite sure where the graves are in relation to the house but I would like to visit one day. As I mentioned this house is at the bottom of the hill along an old part of Rt. 94 on a curve when the road at one time was straight and went to the now defunct town of Bootjack, 94 now goes out to the Damascus Road. A farm road went through the property between the house and barn, it shows in the photo, the farm road went on up the hill to the Bill Hilton farm at the top, now burned down, where most of the photos were taken, it was a beautiful farm, the farm road went on down the hill on the other side toward the Patuxent River to Cost Warfield's (pictured below) place, I don't know if there's anything left of the Cost farm or not. From there the road followed along side the river on the Montgomery County side past the old tobacco barn crossing the river at the old Warfield place (foundation only now). The newer Warfield farmhouse up on the hill was still there the last time I was there to see Miriam as it was so back in the day. There would have been lots of movement from one Warfield house to the next. From the Warfield farm on the Howard county side of the river the road continued on out to Rt. 94 at the old school house so the Warfields if they wanted could travel through their farms from one county to the other without using the county Rt. 94 and there were other roads no longer in use that would have taken you even further afield and around, it was just knowing them. I should add one more footnote that the Hiltons (Lloyd Hilton and sons) had a cabin there on Daniel's branch (Etchison property) and farmed for Perry and John Etichison and even took care of their mother and that's probably how Uncle Bill came into ownership of one of the Etichison farms, most interesting.

Barney Hilton is Charles F. Hilton (born 1923), one of the sons of James Francis Hilton, Pa's brother. Uncle Jimmy 1896-1872 married to Annie Snyder 1903-1976, they were married in the house photographed above. Barney was married to Nellie Wright (1929-1965), she died of cancer. I thought Nellie was the sweetest woman who ever lived.

There used to be 20 mule team wagons in the early days when they hauled that building stone out of Annapolis Rock, the stone was hauled to Woodbine where it was off loaded onto trains bound for Annapolis where many of the state buildings were constructed from it.
"Pa" is my Dad's Grand-father on his mother's side, my great-grand father who I did know, as he died in 1984 when I was 19 years old. George Earl Hilton "Pa" (1901 - 1984) married Estella Virginia Mullinix "Ma" (1905 - 1999).
Bill Hilton (above). Pa's father was Francis (1866-1901) and his father was Richard (1827-1903) and Richard was the brother of Bill Hilton so he would have been Pa's Great-uncle. On the old maps Bill Hilton's farm would have been owned by the Etchison family who at that time owned much of the land around and as that family died off the land was sold and made into small farms. Pa's farm at the beginning was probably about 300 acres and was on both sides of the Patuxent River in both Howard and Montgomery Counties and was owned by Pa's grandfather Driver, when he died the land was divided between Pa and his brother Jimmy, Jimmy getting the Montgomery County piece and probably the best piece with Pa getting 100 plus acres on the Howard County side and no road front plus Pa and Ma had to care for Mrs. Lucy Driver has she aged along with some others including Uncle Charlie Driver who was kind of crazy, I knew both of them and Lucy would have been my great-great grandmother I believe. There was a third piece of the Driver land and that went to Maude Driver and it was the road front property in Howard county that bordered on Pa's farm, it was owned by Maude and Ralph Driver, it was a beautiful farm in its day and is still there, it was the farm on the right as you came off the county road toward Pa's farm, there was probably at least 125 acres or more of that so there must have been at least 300 to 350 plus acres or more when the farm was one farm, Maude was always Aunt Maude and her husband was Uncle James Driver, their son was Ralph.

William Harrison Hilton, born March 13, 1836, died July 1, 1919, buried Damascus Methodist cemetery with his wife. Married to Elizabeth Alder Warfield, born August 14, 1841, died December 22, 1919, daughter of Wilson D. Warfield (1818) and Louisa Warfield (1816). William and Elizabeth had been married for thirty-six years and she had been the mother of two children, both surviving. Also in the household was Lizzie W. Day born February, 1871, a niece.

The children were:
a. Rosa B. Hilton, born May, 1854, married in Montgomery County by license dated November 16, 1813 to Edmund W. Warfield, son of Robert Warfield and Mary Hobbs. Married for sixteen years, she was widowed, in 1900 living in her parents household, with three children (all buried at Mt. Labanon Cemetery): 1. Mary Olive Warfield, born September, 1883, died July 7, 1963 2. Effie W. Warfield born September, 1887 and died 1966. 3. Raymond C. Warfield, born March, 1891, and died 1969.

Ollie, Effie, and Raymond are Bill Hilton's grandchildren (pictures below).

b. William Edward Hilton, born July, 1865, died 1950; buried in Mt. Lebanon Methodist cemetery between Etchison and Damascus. In the 1930 census of Laytonsville District, he was single, living in the household of George W. Gillis (1895), listed as a boarder. The Gillis household was only five households removed from that of James Francis Hilton (1896).

Bill Hilton lived to the ripe old age of 83 which wasn't too bad for those times. Pa remembers him delivering the mail on horseback wearing a big heavy military wool coat called a Great coat. Uncle Bill Hilton was born over the hill only about a quarter mile from his farm which then was owned by the Etchison family. He and all his brothers and sisters were born at Wolf Den on Daniels creek over the hill but still in Montgomery county, he lived his entire life in one place and on one farm which is pretty amazing. I mentioned Melvin before as also living with Olive, Raymond and Effie but he was a Ridgley and not a Warfield, I remember all of them when Pa and I would go visiting, mostly to discuss who was sick and who was dying and some about farming, that was pretty much what life was all about in those days.
The Warfields were dirt poor way back and lived in a cabin down by the river that would have flooded every time it rained and the river flooded, I remember Grandma Eva Mullinix laughing about that as she told me of them living down there, (the foundation of their house is still there) later they built a beautiful farm house up on the hill and it's in one of the photos, those where the days when little wagon roads ran up and down the river from Mullinixtown to Annapolis Rock, roads long gone now along with Mullinixtown but some can still be followed by the indentations in the forest and I loved following those roads when I was a kid.
Costly Johnson Warfield, (born July 2, 1851, died Sept. 3, 1933)
"Aunt Eldry" who had a home in Washington, D.C., supposedly her home was near Mary Surratt's house and she knew her.
Effie Warfield
Francis (Frank) Warfield
Nancy Beall Warfield, Miriam Warfield's grandma.
Olive or Ollie Warfield
Warfield sisters: Katie Warfield, Rose Warfield, Louise Warfield, Almeda Snyder, Ollie or Gladys Young (Miriam is not among them as I had thought but she sure looks like Almeda)
Sugar Loaf Mountain

Raymond Warfield
Oliver Snyder and his wife Laura Snyder plus daughter Almeda who married King, their other daughter Aunt Mary married Uncle Jimmy, Pa's brother.
Landscape looking from Raymond's farm toward Pa's farm and the Patuxent River, Costly Warfield's farm is in the photos on the Montgomery County side of the river nearest but maybe in the far distance is the top of Pa's barn across the river.
probably Raymond feeding pigs
Thurmon Warfield's mother, Aunt Fannie Warfield Day, (b. 1852 d. Dec. 20, 1942)
Raymond with horse
Raymond with Mr. Snyder.

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a blessing that you will have this recorded (with pictures) for your children. Very cool.