Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Week 5

Owen had a knight art class on Monday. After he got home he made some pretty cool alterations and Erica ran up and got her princess horse for him to ride. It was so funny.
While Erica was at horse camp I got to catch some pictures of the elusive mongoose that live on Oahu. I have been trying to get pictures of one ever since I started the blog. They are fast. Normally we just see them run straight across the road on all fours. I got to observe some pretty interesting behaviors. I had no idea they stood up on their hind legs like this.

Erica gets to do a lot with Muffin independently now.
The stables where Erica rides sits in the Koko Head Crater, the hike to the top is on the other side of this peek. Owen notices the littlest things. He kept saying, "look people." I had no idea he meant up on the ridge. Good eyes Owen.

This was so sweet. Ace lives near us.
The kids made periscopes which soon became the envy of all the kids in the neighborhood that didn't make them!
Later we headed to the movies on base to watch Shrek 3 and Robinhood-which was a great story.
Beautiful sight heading home.

2 comments:

Mallard Nest said...

I am so glad Erica is taking riding lessons! She looks like she has been doing it all her life! I love the pic of the three of them looking over the fence.

Traci said...

Erica does look like a natural on that horse. Wow, you are busy, but a fun busy. Glad you caught a picture of the mongoose on his hind legs. Very cute.