Sunday, January 25, 2009

What's worse than red dirt? Try Red MUD!

Today we did the Aeia (pronounced: eye-a-uh) Loop Trail hike which is about 5 miles long. I really tried hard to get out of going because we started in the rain. Even on the sunniest and hottest of days this has very muddy patches. I really dislike dirt...especially red dirt...to begin with but red mud...! Red dirt stains, as in NOTHING can get it out-not even bleach. Wait til you see the pictures...don't forget to check Michelle's blog to see what she writes about the hike.
At the start in the rain...

Owen picking strawberry guavas,
There is such diverse vegetation on this hike,
Look at those trees,
Ferns,
Strawberry guava,
Bamboo,
Evan has the lady bug backpack! Michelle carried it on the last hike. Evan made himself an umbrella. It was so creative and he carried it the entire hike!
Red MUD! Look-Charlie has the lady bug!
Muddy shoes,
OH MY GOSH! My husband just put those red mud shoes into my washing machine-the one I wash my clothes, sheets, towels and under things in...ahh!!

1 comment:

Mallard Nest said...

You crack me up!!!! That was soooooooooooo good! I can't even get close to that one! Every week I am impressed with your photography skills! Thanks for taking them for me too this hike! Love the pictures of the different vegetation and Erica's lady bug backpack, but the muddy shoes is the best!